Friday, October 14, 2016

You need WHAT??

June 1, 2016

Norm woke up more refreshed than I did.  I think I "partied" a little too much up there in first class!  I didn't drink much, but I sure ate a lot. It might be awhile before I can look at a bowl of warm mixed nuts! ( but  wouldn’t turn down another hot fudge sundae like the one they served at midnight ).


After eating the typical Residence Inn complimentary breakfast, Norm and I got the hotel shuttle downtown and quickly headed for the visitor’s center. From there we just moseyed around downtown enjoying the views, getting a feel for the area and browsed a few shops.

We are so far away.......

Because I was in the liquor department with Norm and did not have my driver’s license (in addition to his) we could not, under any circumstances, buy any alcohol!  What?  It was HIS beer! “What if I leave?” NO! “Can he leave and come back?” NO!
We were told when he does come back I have to be with him, and I need my license. They are very strict with their strong liquor laws here; fining or even imprisoning anyone who might sell liquor improperly.  No wonder the clerk was so strict! 
We returned to the nearby grocery store 3 times this first day carrying back provisions we might need.  Later we enjoyed happy hour at the hotel where we talked with many other guests.

Dennis and Vickie arrived around 10PM ( my body still was convinced it was on Eastern Stardard time of 2AM ). We talked for a while then hit the sack.

These seem friendly enough! 


This guy is pretty nice as well!